While social media technologies continue to improve, businesses are still struggling to fully leverage social media campaigns to build audiences, generate leads, develop connections and measure a return on investment whilst minimising resources.
A recent report by Michael A. Stelzner from Social Media Examiner, gives a very detailed understanding on how businesses are using social media marketing to grow and promote their businesses:
Here’s a quick summary of the report:
- Businesses place high value on social media and this is growing. 94% of marketers use social media for marketing.
- Top benefits of social media marketing are in generating more business exposure, increasing traffic and providing marketplace insight.
- Top five social media networks/tools for marketers are: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Blogs and YouTube.
- Measurement and targeting are top areas marketers want to master.
- Video marketing holds the top spot for future social media plans.
- Marketers seek to learn more about Google+ and have plans to increase the use of Google+.
- Social media marketing still takes a lot of time. The majority of marketers are using social media for 6 hours or more each week and social media outsourcing is underutilized with only 30% of businesses outsourcing.
Infographic by- GO-Globe.com
Here is a video overview to give marketers an idea of the scope of the full report:
It makes senses to compare the results of the social media marketing statistics to the way you’re currently using social media. Use the responses as a guide when you are developing your company’s marketing strategy, implementing your social media programs, and evaluating the return of social media marketing.
The benefits of social media are huge however, the effort required to achieve those results can be high as it can take time to master and maintain. If you feel you need help with your social media planning and strategy, please feel free to get in touch.